Thursday 20 September 2012

Psychographic Audience Profiles

The above image is of the email that I sent to some pupils at my college so that I could get their point of view on the following questions:
  • What do you think of this song? 
  • This song doesn't yet have a music video, but what do you imagine the music video will look like?
  • Also considering my influential media texts, what do you expect to be in the video?
  • What would you expect the video form to be; narrative, performance,abstract or animated?
  • What sort of costume would you expect?
  • What camera shots would you expect to see?
  • What editing techniques would you expect to see?







From these interviews I got more ideas of what to include in my music video. The first video was shot when I thought I was going to use a different song to what I am doing now, but it gave me the idea of shooting it the narrative a bit like a home movie. The other two videos were shot when I was planning on using the Awake My Soul by Mumford & Sons, whereas I am now using White Blank Page originally by Mumford & Sons, but I am using the cover by Taylor Swift. My audience also suggested close ups of the artist and the instruments used. They also suggested casual clothing and nothing too fancy, along with fairy lights to create a warm image. One suggested the video should have a country feel to it and be shot outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment